Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My last thrifty Thursday for May

Hello people, I hope I didn't scare anyone off with my venting in my last post. I try not to treat this blog like my own personal journal. But sometimes I just have to vent somewhere other than talking to the dog.

Here are my projects and thrifty finds for this week,


Remember the laundry bin that I picked up for $5.00 at a yard sale





Here it is with a coat of paint, the colour is called Pistachio, don't you just love it


Although I love the pistachio colour I decided to ad some dark wax (my own creation of dark wax) just to tone it a down a bit.  Now I have a new bin to store Maggies dog food instead of a big honking bag of dry dog food in the kitchen



I picked this stool up for $5.00, not sure what I am going to paint it yet but it will definetly get a makeover. I couldn't leave it behind, not for 5 bucks


Not sure what this is supposed to be it looks like an old child desk, the pic below shows that it opens up, thats why I was thinking it is a desk



I could not resist this little table, I paid $3.00 for it and will most likely paint it, it might be a good lap top table. If anyone knows what it is or what it was used for please let me know.


I know you are probably looking at this thing and trying to figure out what it is?
I plan on using this to make a home made chandelier, I want a unique one that I can hang in a barn or garage
Now I just have to find the other parts, may take me a while, but I will post the results when it is done or give you updates along the way. I can't wait to get started on this thing


I also finished the chalkboard for the couple that are going to get married in August
They are going to borrow a few more items from me for their special day



This is the mirror that they picked for their menu board. They want it to sort of match the other chalkboards that they bought


These are the chalkboards they bought and they asked me to paint the trim of the mirror white like these chalkboards

And here it is finished, it was not an easy job, I had a few problems with the chalkboard paint not  going on smooth, and I had to strip it all off at one point and do it all over again. That was not fun....but I left it for a few days and went back at it and now it is done
I hope they like it
And how was your week? what thrifty finds did you find this week? Would love to hear from my followers about what great deals they have found.
hope your having a great week
hugs
 

No comments:

Post a Comment