Saturday, March 31, 2012

oops missed Thrifty thursday

I apologize for not posting my unique finds on Thursday, hubby is off for two weeks and he throws off my schedule. I have been trying to recruit him to help me with yard work, yes there is still lots of yard work. I finally got the landlord to trim a bunch of trees and bushes that were taking over the yard. I have been raking and cleaning up this yard for over a month, it sure is a heck of a lot of work. But enough whining about how hard I have been working on the yard,but now that the majority of the yard work is done now,  hopefully I can get back to my projects.
In the meantime here are my vintage finds for this week, enjoy


I found this cute little parrot and Tucan and fell in love with them, for now they are inside the house in one of my house plants. They are a beautiful copper and I adore them, and I may find a place to put them outside.

Aren't they cute, the copper is different colours and glistens in the sun like a shiny penny.



This shelf was only 2 dollars and I think it will look great in the livingroom once I paint it white and maybe destress it a bit.



This oil painting was for sale at a thrift shop in town and it makes me think of the east coast, I can not believe that I got this beautful painting for ten bucks, I may change the frame, but the colours in at are all of the colours that I want in my home, so I was pretty excited to find it.


I found this old vintage lamp at the salvation army, it was 3 dollars, I could not resist its charm and i think it will look great in Brians man cave. Along with a few other things i have accumulated in the nautical theme.


I found these old ship lanterns about a year ago, someone had added electrical wiring to them and now they are very unique.I don't think I will ever see anything like them anywhere. When I cleaned them up you could tell they had been used on a ship, the salt damage was evident inside the lamps, which made me love them even more.


I picked this little ships wheel clock up a few months ago and I think all of these things together will look great in his man cave (when he gets one of course) and if he choses to not use them, well I guess I will be making a nautical spare room.

I hope you have enjoyed all of my unique finds and I hope to have some finished projects to show you soon.

Happy picking, its yard sale time woohoo


Tobey

No comments:

Post a Comment