Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year to all of you

2012 was a good year for me, my blog has grown and my business has been successful. My family has been healthy and safe and everyone is doing well. What else could anyone else ask for, I guess I could ask for riches and fame, but I don't want those things I just want to be happy and have my children and grandchildren live happy healthy lives.
 
I thought I would do a recap of my year for you in case you missed some of my projects

 
 
2 dollar thrift store find becomes very cute nightstand table, with the help of Anne Sloan French Linen Chalk paint and new hardware

 
 
 
And this table which was ready for the trash, gets a new look with some old ochre chalk paint and graphic transfer from the graphic fairy
 
 
 
 
This vanity was hard to give away, I fell in love with it after its makeover
 
 
I love using chalk paint to paint mirrors, mostly because they look gorgeous after but also because you do not have to tape the mirrors. The chalk paint just washes right off
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I fell in love with chalk paint and started trying it on everything
There were lots of mirror and chalkboard makeovers and mason jar candles
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And this coffee table become a beautiful bench
 
 
 
 
 
And this old mirror got a whole new look with some pure white chalk paint
 
 
 
 
 
 
This dresser got a new look with some paint, but then I took it one step further and painted the union jack flag on it. This was a lot of work but I love the outcome, and so does the person that bought it, so that makes me very happy
 
 
 
And this yellow crackle dresser because a gorgeous entertainment centre
 
 
 
This maple desk was in excellent shape but was outdated. So with some chalk paint and some painted letters and new fabric for the chair cushion this desk got a beautiful new look
 
 
 
 
 
 
This vanity got a new look with french line paint and some graphics. I added a mirror and a stool and some new fabric and brought it all together.
 
Someone said to me once that it was obvious that I loved what I do
And I really do
I love taking something that others might have discarded and give it a new life and a new look
 
I hope you have enjoyed taking this trip back with me over the last year
I want to wish all of you a very Happy New Year and much success and happiness in 2013
 
 
 
 
Happy New Year
May all of you love what you do and live the life you love
and love the life you live
 
hugs
 
 
 
 
 
and
 Maggie says Happy New Year too
 

 
 





























No comments:

Post a Comment