Saturday, December 15, 2012

My heart is broken







I am sorry, but this weekend I can not post about Christmas or furniture projects. My heart is broken, I am mad, hurt, in shock, and all I can think of is, that they were little babies. And this should not have happened.

I keep thinking about something my Great grandfather said at his daughters funeral, he said no parent should have to bury their child. And he is right, we should not have to bury our children. And they should be safe in school, safe in their own beds, safe in their yards.

But there is evil out there and we never know when it is going to strike, this week it struck in Newton, Connecticut.

I pray the children did not suffer and i hope their guardian angels were there to hold them and take away their fear. I pray that God will watch over their parents and their families now and give them the strength to get through this. I am also praying for the families of the heroes that sacrificed their lives to save others.

All the Christmas lights in the world can not take away the darkness that we all feel this week.
There are many things that should be done to prevent this from happening. And yes we need to start looking at those changes, because something has to be done.

But not now, right now we need to mourn and pray and hold our loved ones close.
And remember the lives lost and pray for the families that are left behind to deal with this horrible tragedy.
God give them strength to get through this
 
 




Your deaths will not be in vain, changes will be made to prevent this from ever happening again.





sending my love, thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by this. And wishing my children and grand babies were not so far away, because more than ever I want to hold you and see your faces, and tell you that I love you with all of my heart.


2 comments:

  1. This was very considerate. As so many hearts have been broken and so many people are feeling the same. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudia, thank you so much for the comment. I can not imagine the pain and anguish these families are dealing with right now. I feel so helpless. I read an article where a teacher from another school wondered if the rest of world was also grieving for these victims, or if life had not changed for us. I guess I wanted her and all involved to know that our lives have been affected as well. We may be complete strangers but we mourn their loss,and we feel the pain and ask ourselves the same questions that anyone close to that town would. How could this have been prevented? How can we stop this from happening? What can we do to help the families, friends and students in this small community? Why did this happen? And we will never forget this dark day. Tobey

    ReplyDelete