Saturday, April 28, 2012

Some of the things I love and more about me



Welcome to my addiction , my obsessions I mean my collections

For those of you who don't know me I thought I would tell you a little bit about me and then share with you, some of the things I love.

I am 54 years old and the mother of 5 grown children and 3 step children.  I am the very proud grandmother of 5 grandchildren and 2 step grandchildren. I have been married twice (practise runs lol) and now live with the man I was meant to be with, Brian, we have been together for 6 years, our child is a 4 year old English Bulldog named Maggie. We live in Kamloops, BC, Maggie and I have been travelling with Brian and his company for 5 years now. This is my last trip with him, after this I plan on staying in Ontario and Brians company will fly him home on his time off. I miss my kids and grandkids and I am very eager to have a home base where I can run my business out of. And spend more time with family and friends.


This is a picture of my family, children from left to right Jake(son), Lynn (daughter inlaw), Jason (son) Stacey( daughter), Jarod (son), Chris (now an ex son in law), Jodie (daughter) and  Patricia (daughter inlaw), Missing from the picture are Phil (son in law) and Sarah( daughter in law). and Brians children Dayna, Bryan and Hannah.
And my darling grandchildren from left to right, Justin, Jaime, Kyle and Casey (holding his dog Pugsly) and Julie in the back being held by Dad (Jason)
Maggie came into our lives 4 months after this picture was taken

I look at this picture of my family and can not believe that I created this group of people. My children are no longer children and my grandchildren are growing so fast. I miss all of them very much and can't wait to move back to Ontario so we can get together more often. My children are my greatest accomplishment, but I can not take all of the credit, they are all pretty amazing on their own.

I am hoping to open a sales barn and host barn sales during the summer. Here is a peek at some of the things  I love to collect, and some of the things I hope to sell in my sales barn.



These are some of my favorite things, I am really loving the white distressed or chippy paint look in my home. When people meet me they may be surprised that I love antique and vintage things, because I am usually in jeans and a harley shirt. Although I have never dressed girly I love to have pretty things and things that have history or a story in my home. And yes I love to hop on the bike and tour around the country with Brian. The only thing wrong with being on the bike is no place to put the stuff I want to buy. Brian likes that part lol


Here are a few more things that I love to collect, kerosene lamps, silver candle holders and tea cups and 3 tier cupcake or candy dishes. I love old and I love vintage


This is my Toby jug collection, I love these and hope to pass these down to my children, if your wondering why there is an indian statue in there, its a statue that was painted from a portrait of my grandfather in his indian head dress, his last name was Tobey, which is where I get my name and my father collected Toby jugs and I always liked them, mostly because of their name of course



I am not sure where this owl collection started, I think the owls found me, but now I look for unusual owls and have to buy them


This is another collection that started with one or two lamps and it just kept going, the white lamps are my favorites



I can not resist embroidered table cloths, napkins and pillow cases, I don't have the patience to do it so I love to find the beautiful work of others



I also love to collect porcelain pots pans and coffee pots, I display them on my hoosier, which is probably my favorite thing in the house, well besides Brian and Maggie they are pretty special too



This a combination of my porcelain collection and vintage collanders and vintage kitchen gadgets



This is my hoosier, it is 110 years old and full of all of my bakings supplies, I love this hoosier

I hope you have enjoyed a peek at my family and all of my treasures, I have loved sharing all of this with you.
Thank you for reading my blog and I hope to see you here again.

Hugs

Tobey

No comments:

Post a Comment