Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pickin and Blogging

I have always loved shopping at thrift stores, flea markets and yard sales, the rush of finding that item and getting it at a great price. Bringing the item home and finding a place for it in my home. My being a picker started when I saw items that I thought family or friends might be interested in. I could not resist picking up great deals and passing them on. If the items were not something that they were interested in than I would list the item for sale. That is where my being a picker started and it has now become a way of life.

I have met so many amazing and interesting people in my travels, and made great friends. And my home is filled with treasures that have a story and a history. My home is not filled with items just to furnish it, it is filled with things I love. I never wanted a home that looked like a furniture store showroom. And it makes me so happy to be able to provide others with treasures that they love and cherish.

Here are a few items that I picked up this week


Isn't this vanity gorgeous, I saw it online and was so excited to get it. Hubby thinks I am nuts to want to paint it, but that is exactly what I am going to do with this baby. I am thinking about taking the applique off of the bottom drawers and changing the hardware too, what do you think?

 
And this little cutie is an old radio and turn table cabinet. I had planned on gutting this to use as a storage cabinet for glasses and liquor bottles etc
But the radio part is so cute I am just going to gut part of it. I am hoping that I can tear out the speaker part at the bottom and use that area for storage as well.
This is where I wish Kristy lived next door, I could use her woodworking skills lol


 
See what I mean about the radio part being cute, I am going to paint this and take out the turn table and keep the radio
 
 
I love the hardware on this cabinet
 
 
And I picked this shabby chic bird cage too, it needs a paint job as well, just not sure what colour yet
 
 
 
 
Remember this table that I bought and I was going to refinish it. well when I lost my mind for a few days and was heading back to Ontario, I sold it and the chairs.
I regretted selling it as soon as I saw it being loaded in the buyers truck
But if I hadn't of sold it I would not have met Laurie and the crazy bunch from Lookin Nice Twice
 
 
So when I saw this table at a local thrift store for $20.00 I grabbed it, same legs but bigger table and it has an extra leaf. Going to paint it white , might keep the top stained still thinking about that one
 
 
 
Here is the top, I am hoping I can sand that design out
 
 
 
 
And I found a couple of more chairs that almost match the ones I have painted in the garage
 
 
 
 
 
Here is one of the chairs before paint, I painted the four of them with ASCP in old white. Now I want a brighter white for my dining room so I am going to repaint them in Pure White
 
I know I need to work on my staging pictures, other blogs pictures look so much more professional. But my house is so tiny there is no room to move and the garage is the only place I have space .
I don't know how that creeper gas can seems to get into all of my pictures lol
I will work on the staging pic thing for my completed projects , I promise
 
Hope everyone is having a great weekend
Thanks for being here, my picking and blogging help to keep my sanity during those crazy times when the combination of menopause and lifes problems make me snap lol
And it means so much to me to have people that want to follow and read my blog
I love following other blogs as well and having the friendship of those talented people that take time out of their busy lives to be part of mine
I feel blessed to be part of the blogging community and I treasure the people that I have met in person and online
 
 
I just noticed that I have 23 followers wow, I just did a little dance, I have 23 followers, I have 23 followers, (imagine me singing it and dancing hehe)
Welcome to all of my new followers, I am so flattered you are here
please comment and if you have a blog tell me the name, so I can stalk you, I mean follow you too ,
 
hugs
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 















 





2 comments:

  1. Oh Tobey - that is one gorgeous vanity - why do you want to remove the appliques????
    I can't wait to see it finished!
    Kristi from For the Love of Wood wrote a nice post on you!!!! Congrats on the new followers!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete